michellereed9026040

Book Hangovers

I put down the bottle and picked up a book. Reading saved my life! I went from booze hangovers to book hangovers and I am the happiest I've ever been!

The Life of a Necromancer

Sabriel - Garth Nix

Well that was a fun and exciting read! The minute I saw this book on GR, I knew it was going to be a hit with me. I don't know if it was the description of the story or the beautiful cover but this book was wonderful!

The main character and heroine of the story, Sabriel, takes a dangerous and daring journey, a desperate mission to find her father, the Abhorsen. She's accompanied by a sarcastic, cat-like creature, Mogget and a young man, Touchstone, who's a bit touch and go.

I really loved the world building and the way the author captivated me with his in-depth details. The way he described foul creatures of the dead and the fighting scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat.

This book was more about the journey to find Sabriel's father and really to find herself. It was an adventure that I will never forget and I'm glad the story continues with 2 more books.

I would recommend this book to the young adult and older crowd!!

4 bright stars