michellereed9026040

Book Hangovers

I put down the bottle and picked up a book. Reading saved my life! I went from booze hangovers to book hangovers and I am the happiest I've ever been!

Top 5 Favorite Debut Novels

Friday Favorites is a weekly feature at The Quiet Girl Talks where you list your five favorite things (and why) for each weekly theme. Anybody can do it, just check the themes on the Features page ahead of time.

This week's theme is...
Debut Novels

Night Circus

By: Erin Morgenstern

Debut: September 13, 2011
This is a beautiful story about two magicians who fall in love but because of a childhood rivalry pitted against them by their instructors, they'll have to make a choice that has dangerous consequences, leaving the lives of everyone, from performers and patrons, hanging in the balance.

By: Susan Ee

Debut: May 21, 2011
This was a kick ass book and I'm glad it's a series. In a modern world that has now been destroyed and taken over by angels of the apocalypse, Penryn does everything she can to save her sister that was taken by the angels, even if that means making a deal with an enemy angel named Raffe.

By: Sara Gruen

Debut: April 9, 2007
Oh how I love this book! I think I have read it twice and watched the movie about 4 times. It's a historical fiction about a circus that has rules, if those rules aren't followed you will find yourself homeless, jobless or even dead! "For Jacob Jankowski it was his salvation and his living hell."

By: J.K. Rowling

Debut: November 1, 2003
There's no way that this book would not be a top 5 most favorite debuts! This brilliant book is about a boy and his wizard friends and their school, Howarts . Made into a wonderful series where you follow Harry and the gang on their adventure to save their magical world from the hands of Harry's sworn enemy, Voldemort.

By: J.R.R. Tolkien

Debut: 1937
A classic story that was a stepping stone for so many fantasy debuts to come. One that made hobbits, elves and goblins ever so popular. An epic fantasy that takes you on an adventure through the world of Middle-Earth. Where hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, helps a group of dwarves reclaim their kingdom from a greedy dragon named Smaug.

To see my original post