michellereed9026040

Book Hangovers

I put down the bottle and picked up a book. Reading saved my life! I went from booze hangovers to book hangovers and I am the happiest I've ever been!

Review: One Plus One by Jojo Moyes

One Plus One - Jojo Moyes

Suppose your life sucks. A lot. Your husband has done a vanishing act, your teenage stepson is being bullied and your math whiz daughter has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you can’t afford to pay for. That’s Jess’s life in a nutshell—until an unexpected knight-in-shining-armor offers to rescue them. Only Jess’s knight turns out to be Geeky Ed, the obnoxious tech millionaire whose vacation home she happens to clean. But Ed has big problems of his own, and driving the dysfunctional family to the Math Olympiad feels like his first unselfish act in ages . . . maybe ever.

I don't usually read a lot of contemporary but I heard great things about JoJo Moyes and thought I'd give this book a chance. Well, here I am 18 hours later to tell you that I truly enjoyed this story and I'm so glad I requested the arc.

One Plus One is one huge journey of trial and tribulation. Proving that no matter the choices we make, big or small, there are always repercussions to pay. But hey, we all make mistakes right? and then we learn from them.

I found this story to be well written and highly entertaining. I enjoyed how each of the four main characters tell the story from their perspective, so we get to view the story from their eyes.

Moyes does a fantastic job writing about family and relationship. Making a perfect blend of self-discovery, romance, humor and realism.

I definitely recommend this to everyone. Now I need to go back and check out all of JoJo Moyes past books, see what I've been missing out on :(

BIG THANKS to the publishers with Netgalley for approving this arc for my honest review!!!